Monday, January 25, 2010

Using Foreign License In Uk Points Registering American Car In UK?

Registering American Car in UK? - using foreign license in uk points

We have recently increased from U.S. to UK and brought our American car in the United Kingdom.

There are two essential conditions for the purchase of a vehicle registered DVLA 1) SVA test 2) insurance in my name

I made the test of SVA nervous, so that 50% Problem solved.

What I'm struggling with is getting insurance for the car. I have an American driver's license (you can drive in the UK with the U.S. holder for more than a year, so I'm here to fall) and my car is not registered. Well, my problem is that

a) The insurance companies offer insurance, the current foreign licensee, but no insurance without the "Record Number" of the car.

Part b) Insurance companies say, based on cars 'chassis number' is not an insurance policy for holders of foreign licenses.

Do you know a solution to this dilemma? Do you know of a company that provides the holder of the foreign based on the number of the body? Or do you see any other soluti on for my problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment